Rocky Spino, M.S., NCC, LPC brings expertise, experience, and insight drawn from counseling hundreds of families for nearly twenty years. He is devoted to helping parents and children put the pieces back together, from painful divorces to high risk teen behavior. As a licensed professional counselor specializing in child therapy, Rocky has built a highly reputable and successful practice in Central Pennsylvania. His extensive media experience and mental health work with children have combined to make him a highly qualified expert in his field.
Rocky sees a full caseload of young clients in his private practice, is an adjunct professor of counselor education at McDaniel College in Maryland, and regularly reaches out with his informative programs for parents, teens, and professionals. He has been a contributing writer for a number of print and online parenting magazines, provided ongoing expert commentary on the Jon & Kate Plus 8 story, and been interviewed on the Michael Jackson child custody case for both print and broadcast media. Rocky has also appeared on talk shows nationwide on issues pertaining to childhood and parenting.
- ADHD Here and Now: An up-to-date information forum on attention disorders in children
- The Drama of the Difficult Child: A look at high risk behaviors in youth and real life ideas on what to do about them
- The Last Whole Parent Workshop: How to matter in the lives of our children
- Your Space!: The teenager’s link to getting your own way without getting grounded for life
- Families Interrupted: Helping Parents and Children Heal after Divorce: Moving past parent hostility and making parenthood reappear
- Ethics Unbound: Competency and creativity in the counseling room
This is a partial list of presentation offerings. Other topics in child and adolescent issues, parenting, and skill-building for professionals (i.e. therapists, educators, foster care providers, etc.) are also available