Walt Stasinski, Med, MPH , The Speaker Who Couldn’t SpeakWhen I was three year old, I couldn’t speak! My parents were very concerned and considered taking me to a specialist. Lo and behold, I started to talk. When asked why I didn’t speak, I responded that I didn’t have much to say. It’s ironic that the child who couldn’t speak is now a professional speaker. I guess that I’m making up for lost time.
I was born the son of hard-working Polish immigrants who came to the U.S. with not much more than the clothes on their back. My father worked hard in a foundry to bring the American dream to his family. I didn’t start talking until I was three years old. By that time, my parents were ready to take me to a specialist. Ironically, here I am now, a professional speaker. Because I needed to assimilate the Polish and American cultures simultaneously, my childhood gave me a unique perspective and appreciation of the diversity of America, as well as some of the challenges that come along with it.
After earning a Masters Degree in Education from Wayne State University and a Masters Degree in Public Health from University of Michigan, I began my real education, in the school of hard knocks. My early “speaking” career began as a teacher and football coach at Wayne State University. This is where I learned how to motivate and inspire. I also found out that people learn more when they’re having fun, so humor became an integral part of my communication style. I have my personal reasons too. Let’s face it, life is just a lot easier with a smile on your face and a hearty belly laugh.
I enjoyed my success at Wayne State. I even won a football championship, but after a number of years I was eager to find another growth opportunity. I found it in the healthcare industry. I directed programs at hospitals including the Wellness Initiative for 10,000 employees at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan.
A “Solutions” Speaker
I continued to fine-tune my leadership skills until I took the ultimate leadership role, President of Potential Unlimited, a company I founded and still run. Today, I travel all over the country to speak to audiences of all sizes and interests. I also run workshops that offer one-on-one skills development in a number of topics essential to the success of individuals and businesses today.
I like to think of myself as a “solutions” speaker because even though I pride myself on keeping my audience entertained, my primary goal is to help people achieve success by providing them with solutions for their own unique challenges. The fact that I use comedy and even magic tricks during my speeches is simply the teacher in me doing whatever it takes to bring the message home.
“He enthusiastically involved the audience in his presentation and they came away energized and inspired. The evaluations of his program were exceptional.” -bKym Randolph, Director, West Virginia Education Association
- What To Do When You Start At 9AM Sharp And End At 9PM Dull! Taking life too seriously? Not having enough fun? Not anymore! Learn how to bring the joy back into your life through humor. Find out what MOOMBA can do for you!
- Great Leaders Inspire: What is the difference between a good leader and a great leader? Good leaders motivate employees through reason. Great leaders utilize the power of inspiration to move employees to higher levels of performance.
- The Lighter Side of Success: Humor In The Workplace: Do you really enjoy your job? Would you like to achieve success and have fun doing it? Take your job seriously but yourself lightly. Learn how to use humor to reduce stress, promote creativity, enhance productivity and defuse conflict.
- C.A.R.E: Transforming Customer Into Human Service It’s not even about customer service anymore. It’s about treating your customers as one human being to another. Take C.A.R.E. of your customers and your customers will take care of your business.
- Laughter is The Best Medicine Laughter not only makes you feel good, it’s good for you. Laughter can boost your immune system, provide light exercise, lower your blood pressure, re-energize you and it’s free! Find out how to get your daily dose of Vitamin L.