Will is a professional motivational speaker, mountaineer, and educator. He has spoken all over the world and to audiences of 30 to 3,000. He has led expeditions to the ends of the earth. Will Cross can inspire your audience with rich tales, motivational messages and magnificent images that will move your participants to be refocused and more productive. Each delivery is built around your company’s position and vision.
Will’s achievements have been covered by CNN, BBC, The Today Show, Discovery Channel, Voice of America, KDKA News and Talk Radio, and ABC, CBS, and NBC national affiliate stations. He has also appeared in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The New York Times, Explorers Journal, and GQ. During 2003 and 2004, Will delivered an inspirational Public Service Announcement viewed by over 17 million people.* Will’s 2004 Mt. Everest expedition had a reach of over 37 million people.*
Among his global expeditions, Will has successfully ascended the highest peaks of North and South America, Europe, Africa and Antarctica. In 2001 he was privileged to climb 15 unmapped, unexplored mountains in Greenland. Expeditions have also taken Will to Patagonia, Mountains of the Moon, the Sahara Desert, and the Thar Desert of India.
Will presently strives to achieve the NovoLog Peaks and Poles Challenge – reaching the highest peak on each continent as well as walk to both Poles. He is on target to become the first American to do so, with a projected completion date of summer 2005.
Will’s memberships include the American Alpine Club, Royal Geographical Society, Explorers Club, British Mountaineering Council, and the American Mountain Guides Association. He received a Gold Congressional Award for exemplary service to the United States, granted for his initiative, achievement and service. Will is a professional member of the National Speakers Association.
Will holds a Bachelor of Arts from Allegheny College, a Master of Science in Education from Duquesne University, and Secondary Principal’s Certification from the University of Pittsburgh, where he specialized in educational programs for troubled teens. Will, his wife Amy and their 5 children live in Pittsburgh.
- Walked to the North Pole in 2001 and the South Pole in 2003
- DESA / LifeScan Lifetime Achievement Award
- Gold Congressional Award for Initiative, Achievement, and Service
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives Citation
- Allegheny Gold Citation
- Teacher Excellence Foundation Award
- Thanks to Teachers Award
- Principal’s Certification, University of Pittsburgh
- Masters of Science in Education, Duquesne University
Will Cross is an educator and explorer who has learned that the secret to success is envisioning life and work as a series of challenging and inspiring adventures, with virtually endless opportunities to seize and mountains to embrace. As a world-class mountain climber and a much-sought-after motivational speaker, Will is uniquely qualified to use the exploration metaphor in his Will Cross motivates program to help individuals and organizations maximize both effort and performance.
While working to overcome the challenges of diabetes, Cross has devoted most of his life to demonstrating how goal setting, preparation, and determination can make seemingly insurmountable obstacles negotiable.
In his presentations, Cross takes participants on a journey to the peak of their performance. He shares his stories about high mountains, vast deserts, and polar exploration, relating them to everyday situations that strike a universal chord. Cross teaches audiences how their approach to life can make all the difference, both at work and at home.
- Motivate A proven safe and successful expedition leader in deserts, mountains, and polar regions. Will Cross delivers specific, powerful, and lasting impressions.
- Business Will Cross is a dynamic, powerful, and enthusiastic keynote, business and after dinner speaker.
- Management Will Cross applies his everyday management of diabetes and his organizational skill as a world class expedition leader to your business structure.
- Leadership Will Cross’s speeches are thought provoking and engaging. Will Cross motivates can help move your team towards a positive transformation.
To order products or obtain further information on this speaker, please contact us