Career Skills and Small Business Marketing Expert
Travels from: Philadelphia/Allentown PA
Topics: 1. Wearable technology for health and medical applications
2. Aging-in-Place technology for seniors
3. Career success for college students and young employees (book); engagement and retention of young employees for managers
4. Small business marketing: online video (book), and social media.
Alfred Poor, Ph.D. is a speaker and author with an international reputation. A graduate of Harvard College, he has authored or co-authored more than a dozen books. He speaks on three major topic areas: college and career success for students and recent graduates, wearable technology, and marketing for small business owners. He brings energy and humor to his presentations, and consistently receives rave reviews from participants and meeting planners for his engaging, interactive programs.
College and Career Success – Programs for students and young workers
- College and Career Success Strategies Alfred Poor helps high school students — and parents of high school students — understand the importance of “soft” career skills in preparing for success in the workplace after graduation, and gives specific strategies that they can use right now to take responsibility for their future success.
- SURVIVE the Corporate Jungle Alfred Poor gives college students practical advice that they can apply right away to take responsibility for acquiring and practicing the soft career skills that employers will expect from them in their first jobs after graduation.
- Hard Truths About Soft Skills In this program for college faculty and administrators, as well as for corporate managers working with recent college graduates, Alfred Poor explains the root causes behind the recent graduates’ lack of soft career skills. He details the problems this causes for the future employees, their employers, and our nation’s economy as a whole. He also provides detailed strategies to address these problems, on an individual and systemic basis.
- I Sing the Body Electric Wearable Technology for Health and Medicine This fast-paced presentation samples some of the latest amazing products and applications available now and in the near future, from custom-printed body casts to self-powered heart pacemakers. This unique and moving presentation is an excellent “edutainment” program as a lunch or dinner speaker, especially for audiences with interests in health, medicine, or technology.
Small Business Marketing
- Power Marketing for Small Business Alfred Poor presents the case for online video as the most leveraged investment a small business owner can make in terms of both time and money. He provides step-by-step instructions on how to create effective online video at low cost, even if you don’t have a camera or ever touch a computer.
- Stop Wasting Time on Social Media Small business owners are told that they should be marketing on social media, but for many of them, it’s a total waste of time. Alfred Poor has demonstrated how to extend your social media reach quickly and with a minimum time investment. In this presentation, he gives small business owners a step-by-step road map to social media success.
- 7 Success Secrets That Startups Can Learn from ‘Breaking Bad The hit TV series “Breaking Bad” has many excellent lessons for small business owners. In this original and engaging program, Alfred Poor provides a humorous look at what Walter White can teach about successful planning and management.
“Both times Mr. Poor presented relevant and useful information in an engaging, often humorous manner.” Mary Desmond, Guidance Director, Archbishop Wood High School
“We loved your session. The information given will be helpful in guiding our daughter through her first year of college and beyond.” Participant feedback from CollegeWeekLive “Back to School” webinar
“Thanks again for a great presentation [at Brookdale Community College]! It was a pleasure how easy you are to work with and how prepared you are when you come to speak. Our group and I would like you to come speak again.” David Klein, BCUG, VP Program Chair
“Dr. Poor spoke to student career readiness, and from a number of different perspectives. His delivery was flawless and he peppered his speeches with pithy, insightful stories which captured and held the attention of his listeners.” Gerard P. O’Sullivan, Ph.D., Vice President for Academic Affairs, Neumann University
“Best keynote speaker we’ve had in a few years” “The content was interesting, thought-provoking, and relevant!” Participant feedback at the New England Association for Cooperative Education and Field Experience 2012 Conference
“Your amazing breadth of knowledge and research — combined with your animated and energetic demeanor — was contagious and enthused all of us. The information was filled with awe, enlightenment, and discovery.” Rayne Byer, President, New York Amateur Computer Club (NYACC)
“Many attendees spent time with you afterward, and you remained until all their specific questions were answered. This was really appreciated. Many people came up to me afterward to thank me for getting you to speak to our group.” Sol Libes, Assistant Director, Computer Learning Center at Ewing
7 Success Secrets That Every College Student Needs to Know!
Power Marketing for Small Business: How you can boost sales with low-cost video