Yes, we love Instagram here at Charli Jane Speakers and believe it to be one of the most effective marketing tools you can use. All Speakers should be using Instagram if they want to resonate with their targeted audience. It’s for ALL ages and brands and being active on this gem will prove to yield good results for your business.
5 ways to create the perfect Instagram profile for Public Speakers:
- User Name: If possible use your business name or your personal name. Don’t use things like sara4589today or billybob!speaks4u, these are not easy to remember and certainly not memorable by any means. Plus, this is the only part of your whole bio that is queried by Instagram in the search. Stick to your brand.
- Profile image: It has been said that your image can double or triple engagements. Your image needs to communicate your brand. As a Speaker if you have a business brand use your logo, clean and crisp. If it’s your personal brand use a picture where you’re smiling, professional yet fun, no stuffiness allowed.
- Bio: Sweet, clear and short. You have a few seconds to grab their attention with your bio so make it good. Be precise in what you offer, stand out and please have fun with your bio. Let your creativity shine. It’s your chance to set yourself apart. Hint: Use those fun and magical emoji’s (I’m addicted to them myself) Try and make them specific to your message/bio and use them to attract more followers. Take a look @CharliJaneSpeakers on Instagram or go here https://instagram.com/charlijanespeakers/ and use my bio profile as a model to create your own. However, if you want to get the full visuals of emoji’s power you will need to view it on the Instagram app.
- The URL: Do not forget to add this in your bio. It’s the only place you can add an active hyperlink. Be clear on your goal and determine where you want to send them. Whether it’s an opt in page, your website, another social site such as Facebook or a group you manage. Hint: Don’t worry, the URL you choose is not set in stone and you can change it as often as you like.
- Last, but certainly not least. Set your profile to public. You are a Public Speaker and it should not be set to private. The more accessible you are the more people you can connect with.
If you enjoyed this post, you’ll love our free guide on how 21 Ways to Increase Your Paid Speaking Gigs! Get that here