You’re already a week into 2019 and it’s time for some tough love people.
I always make sure to balance my advice and coaching to you with being realistic. And this post is going to be no different.
In fact, the next several posts on this topic will be no different.
I’m going tell you straight up what many of you have been doing wrong before now, and how that has been holding you back from achieving your goals and dreams in your speaking careers.
I know what you’re thinking as you read this…how can she know what I’m thinking, much less what the one thing I’ve been doing wrong till now?
But I do…and I do.
I know because I’ve been where you’re at, and sometimes slide back there still, especially if I’m not mindful, careful and practical.
Here it is:
Simply, you are not delegating enough to your team.
You are not giving away the things you can, the things you have to, the things you must, in order to free up your resources to be able to achieve at a level you know you can – a level you were made for.
Your resources, like everyone’s, are limited.
Whether you’re tapping into resources of money, energy, time, creativity, organization, technology, or your intellect – you must face the fact that your resources are limited.
So how do you create a life where you can focus on the things that only you can do – only you must do – for yourself, your loved ones and your career or business?
You outsource. You outsource like mad. You outsource with courage and fearlessness.
You outsource the things which, with either a little training or even a lot, other people can become trusted, self-directed members of your team.
You make lists.
You make more lists.
You take action.
And, then… you.let.go.
You let go of the thought-derailers, the time-wasters, the energy-zappers, the money-poofers (you know the things you think will make you more money, but instead, they make your money go – Poof!).
You let go of the very important, but mind-numbing organizational tasks and to-dos.
You let someone else master the new tech in your business and life then condense it down for you to the essentials.
When you do these things, what are you left with?
Time. Energy. Creativity. Intellect. Success. Prosperity.
In this and future posts, I’m going to share a list of 52 things, which I believe, if you will outsource, you will see major returns in your business this year.
I won’t go into deep detail on each item here, because only you will know what your plan can be for getting these things off your plate.
I can tell you, however, that if you will focus on delegating the task of the week, you’ll be able to take this list in manageable steps and by December 31, 2019, you’ll be celebrating a year like never before.
Now you’re thinking, Wendi, you just told me I’m already into the second week of 2019. I’m already behind!
Keep going Dear Reader, because I’ve got you.
You’ll be caught up by week 10.
Here you go, here’s your list – one less thing to do – I’m making your list for you. You’re welcome.
- Set up my calendar on Google Calendar and share it with my entire team – train & then empower them to book my open slots for me – block out personal time for family, friends and self-care
- Make my must-read list for the year, and then divide each book among my team and ask them to read them and then summarize what they believe are the most important and relative points to apply to my business
- Update my OneSheet – have my team review, polish and rewrite my copy, testimonials, images, and clients lists and freshen or even do a complete redux
- Refresh my speaker website so it looks like it was made by a pro (easy to do with WYSIWYG online sites these days), looks like it was made in the past few years (and no older), and there is plenty of room to breathe for the readers. (Yes, outsource this – choose carefully and then trust the expert designers – let go.)
- Make sure your web copy, including your policies and terms have been reviewed and updated
- Create an email signature that makes an immediate connection with the recipient and points him or her back to your most engaging self on your website
- Clean out my subscriptions for facebook, feeds and podcasts and only keep the ones I actually read (like this one), engage with, or listen to. ( A good assistant who knows you well, will be able to do this for you – don’t worry, these changes are immediately redone – let go.)
- Hire a Mother’s helper or personal assistant part-time (or full-time if you can without financial stress) for my life’s errands and have-tos that do not bring me joy, money or opportunity.
- Have your team line up and interview guests for your blog, podcast or paid on-demand webinars, so all you have to do is edit yourself into it, and then you have a full episode in a fraction of the time.
- Reinvest some of my newfound time and energy into the most important relationships in my life which feed my soul. **Okay, you can’t outsource this one – this about reconnecting to your source – you gotta do this one yourself. But you have renewed resources to enable you to do so.
That’s it for now – it’s enough to get you started.
Here’s your challenge – will you get started? Re-read #10.
Use that as your motivation.
More to come…..
Now get busy letting go.
Charli Jane Speakers has a group of Business Support Specialists. Maybe you need help with social media, Facebook ads, transcription, video creation/editing, design, email management, sales, research?
How about someone to take care of your clients and customers, or write sticky sales-boosting, funnel-filling copy?
Maybe you need a Facebook group or online community manager, a marketing or branding expert, or someone to create your digital courses for you?
Something else, maybe?
If you need biz support referrals please email Hello@CharliJane.com and we are happy to refer you to some biz support specialists.
Also, be sure and join our awesome and talented group of speakers over at “Grow Your Speaking Biz” Facebook group… you won’t be disappointed!